Enable JavaScript to ensure website accessibility


Celebrating 50 years of community health

This year, Tapestry is celebrating 50 years of community health! Over the years, we have met emerging community needs with stigma-free healthcare and are committed to doing so as we advance. Tapestry’s fundamental value is that compassionate, culturally competent, and dignified healthcare is a human right.

TAPESTRY IS Access without stigma

For 50 years Tapestry has been a leading expert in the community on critical public health issues. We provide access without stigma, which means meeting people where they are at and respecting their choices, while providing health care, support services and education for safer practices.

We serve over 19,000 residents annually, in Springfield, Holyoke, Chicopee, Northampton, Greenfield, North Adams and Pittsfield. We also offer care for surrounding communities through our mobile outreach vans.

Our Services Include:
  • Cervical & Breast Cancer Screening
  • Birth Control and Emergency Contraception
  • Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy
  • Overdose Prevention Education
  • Food Access and Nutrition Education
  • 24/7 Breastfeeding Support
  • STI, HIV and Hepatitis C Testing
  • Narcan (Naloxone) Training and Access
  • Safer Sex Supplies
  • Pregnancy Testing
  • Syringe Services
  • and more

Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy

Tapestry has been providing gender-affirming healthcare, and now we are able to offer Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy at all of our clinics! 
These services are available in Holyoke, Springfield, Northampton, Greenfield, Pittsfield and North Adams. To schedule an appointment or for more information, please call us during operational hours to speak with a team member.
Play Video

UP TO $10,000 BY JULY 30TH

We Believe

Access to compassionate, accurate, high-quality healthcare should be available to everyone regardless of income, age, race, gender, sexual orientation or immigration status. Tapestry provides safe spaces in all four counties of Western Mass where anyone can receive the care they need without fear of judgement or stigma. We’ve been committed to providing full access to medical information for over 50 years, and these programs are critical for community health and well-being.

Our Services


A documentary about harm reduction, love & art

What really happens at a needle exchange? This art-filled documentary goes behind the scenes at a syringe service program to look at the very misunderstood world of people who use drugs.

Food Access & Family Nutrition

WIC is good food and a whole lot more!

Food Benefits & Nutrition Education

Farmers Market Coupons

24/7 Breastfeeding Support

Immunization Screening & Referrals

Links to other family services and more

Harm Reduction

Syringe Access & Disposal

Narcan Training and Access 

Overdose Prevention Education 

Testing for HIV, STDs and Hep C 

Sterile Supplies & Safer Sex Supplies

 Drug Use Counseling and more

Sexual & Reproductive Health

Birth Control Options 

Emergency Contraception 

Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy

Pelvic and Breast Exams 

STI Testing & Treatment 

HIV Testing

PrEP & PEP HIV Medication and more

What people say

WIC Participant

My son used to be a picky eater, but since I have been coming to WIC, I have learned how to introduce new foods, like whole grains into his diet.

I feel like he is eating healthier now.

Harm Reduction Participant

I have saved 15 people from death by reversing an overdose with Narcan I got from Tapestry.

Sexual Health Client

I went to Tapestry on my own at 17 to get my first pelvic exam and discuss birth control before I started having sex. As a young girl without a mother, Tapestry made me feel safe.

Help Tapestry Help Others

Tapestry is strongest when our community comes together to support us.

84% of our operating budget is funded by state contracts, the remaining 16% must be raised by Tapestry from foundations, individuals, and fees paid for services. We rely on our generous donors.

Sign Up for Email Alerts

Sign up for the latest news and alerts from Tapestry.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Sign up