Work With Us
Tapestry is committed to providing high quality, compassionate and community-based care to everyone in our region, including the most vulnerable. We are passionate about providing non-judgmental sexual and reproductive healthcare, syringe access and disposal, overdose prevention and education, HIV support and prevention, and WIC family nutrition.
If you are interested in joining a diverse team focused on providing innovative, front-line health care, please review the job postings below and apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to [email protected] or by mailing it to:
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
296 Nonotuck Street, 2nd Floor
Florence, MA 01062
Tapestry provides a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which includes: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 100% employer paid LTD/ADD/life insurance, tuition remission and an Employee Assistance Program.
Tapestry is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Syringe Access Program Manager
40 hours per week
Northampton and Greenfield
Under the direction of the Director of HIV Health and Prevention, the Syringe Access Program Manager supervises and evaluates the day to day operational activities of the Tapestry’s Syringe Access Program sites in Northampton and Greenfield. The main duties include ensuring quality service delivery, client satisfaction and maintenance of the facilities. The position also includes representing the agency in the community and promoting the programs and services of the agency.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Two years supervisory experience in health or human services
- Strong background in public health and social work
- Two years’ experience with HIV prevention programming required
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with substance abuse and knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention principles
- Valid Mass driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Working understanding of Harm Reduction principles and practice
- Knowledge of addiction theory and substance abuse treatment modalities
- Supports the mission and goals of the agency
Preferred Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Social Work or related field
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
- Experience in budget management
- Experience in grant writing
- Individuals in recovery strongly encouraged to apply
Health Services Counselor/ Medical Counselor
24 Hours per week
Under the direction of the Health Services Manager, the Health Services Counselor/ Medical Counselor will be responsible for working as part of a team to provide sexual and reproductive health care to our culturally diverse clientele. Primary duties will include: patient education, scheduling and registration, medical record management, specimen collection and preparation, and providing referrals.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Associates college degree or certified medical assistant
- One year of relevant work experience
- A warm, calm personable approach
- Ability to work with a diverse clientele and staff
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates experiences with computers (Microsoft Word)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide high-quality non-judgmental services
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
- Previous health education counseling experience or work in health care setting
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in family planning and/or sexual and reproductive health
If you are interested in volunteering at Tapestry, please complete and submit the Tapestry Volunteer Application for review. For any questions related to volunteering at the agency, please contact us at [email protected] or (413) 586-2016.
Syringe Access Program Volunteer
Hampshire and Hampden Counties
8-16 hours per week
The Syringe Access Program Volunteer will learn about harm reduction, overdose prevention, and the culture and practices of injection drug users. The volunteer will perform administrative duties (answer phones, greet clients, record data of client encounters); offer supplies and education to clients; help to maintain inventory; represent Tapestry at community outreach events; and assist with other tasks as needed. The volunteer may also be responsible for offering supplies and education to clients, assisting with supply inventories, and may represent agency at community outreach events.
All applicants should have access to reliable transportation and be able to travel between Syringe Access Program sites in both Hampden and Hampshire Counties, as needed (Springfield, Holyoke, Northampton).
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Spanish language skills strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently, quickly and under pressure (essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential).
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities (essential).
- Excellent written communication skills (essential).
- Multi-task oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access
Special Projects Volunteer- Client Educational Materials Florence 8-10 hours per week
The Special Project Volunteer- Client Educational Materials will assist with the review and revision of client educational materials, specifically Client Information Sheets. To meet requirements of Title X grantees through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Population Affairs, all informational and educational material must be reviewed by Tapestry’s Information and Education Committee. The Special Project Volunteer will check all Client Information Sheets for accuracy and make alterations where necessary in preparation for review by Tapestry’s Medical Director and the committee. Volunteers for this special project will devote considerable time to researching medical conditions and treatments and reformatting existing Client Information Sheets.
- Associates Degree or two years of higher education
Previous experience in health care
Previous experience in sexual and reproductive health care preferred
Strong research abilities
Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Word
Comfortable with sexual and reproductive health topics